Applicant Sign In
Check the progress of your application
Search for Jobs
Refine your search
Occupational Therapist- Gold Coast
Job no: 493599
Work type: Full time
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Occupational Therapist
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice within the disability sector, and we are celebrating our 70th year. We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence, person centred care focused on individual outcomes and are highly respected in the disability community.
About the opportunity:
Due to our continued growth, we are expanding our Allied Health Teams and we require an experienced Occupational Therapist based in the Gold Coast. Our therapists enjoy a great balance of independent work and a connected team environment where they can thrive and add value. Some of the key responsibilities include;
- Provide high quality Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention for clients in a community based setting
- Developing and implementing plans that fit individual needs and goals
- Work collaboratively with NDIS participants, families and supporting networks to improve effectiveness and drive positive outcomes
- Ensure cohesive service delivery and follow up, coordinating and communicating as required with internal and external stakeholders
- Work within the NDIS funding framework and meet Affords compliance and quality standards
- Evaluating the requirement for modifications and writing equipment prescriptions
- This role will involve travelling out to clients in varied locations.
Affords vision is to provide innovative, flexible and high quality support for people with disabilities. As an experienced Occupational Therapist you will have a genuine desire to support people with disabilities lead exceptional lives. You will also have;
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification and current AHPRA membership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a drive to improve the quality of life for our clients
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS
- Ability to work autonomously in a complex environment with multiple demands and tight timelines
- Experience with equipment prescriptions
- Must have a valid, full drivers' licence.
Why be part of AFFORD?
- Be part of the best Allied Health team in the disability sector
- Company Car or Car Allowance available
- Competitive salary including packaging options;
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training and professional development
- Numerous other benefits
AFFORD is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time