Applicant Sign In
Check the progress of your application
Search for Jobs
Refine your search
Disability Support Worker - *Dari/ Farsi speaking
Job no: 493617
Work type: Casual / Vacation
Location: Sydney - Western suburbs, Sydney – South West suburbs, Sydney – Inner West suburbs
Categories: Support Worker
Afford is a well-established Employer of Choice within the disability sector. Celebrating our 69th year, we continue to expand our services as we grow our national footprint covering a range of services and have over 2,000 employees that support over 3,200 clients. We provide ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence. Our Vision is to provide innovative and flexible high quality support that genuinely enhance the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers.
About the opportunity
With our ongoing expansion, we are looking for experienced community Support Workers / Lifestyle Assistants who can speak *Dari/ Farsi, the Persian language spoken in Afghanistan. The successful candidate will be a part of an innovative, passionate not for profit organisation, whose primary focus is to support people with disabilities to lead exception, joy filled lives.
When you work for us you can expect to
- Get regular work around a variety of shift times
- Work with people who have varying needs with a variety of disabilities
- Follow individual service and healthcare plans
- Use your administration skills to document client records daily
- Communicate effectively with your clients, their carers and families
- Help your clients get the most out of their experience
- Work as part of a dedicated and fun team
About the candidate
We are looking for Lifestyle Assistants who are as focused on supporting people with disabilities to lead exceptional, joy filled lives as much as we are! You will also need the following;
- Must be able to speak *Dari/ Farsi, the Persian language spoken in Afghanistan
- Must have experience with behaviours
- A current First Aid Certificate and Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain one)
- Current Australian driver's license and own vehicle
- Flexible and empathetic attitude
- Willing to work in a 1:1 in-home capacity
- Guaranteed day shifts Wednesday - Friday
Afford is an employer of choice and our employees enjoy a range of benefits including;
- Ongoing professional development and paid training
- Flexibility and fantastic working environments
- Discounts on a range of products and services including gym memberships
- Not for profit salary packaging
Afford is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
If successful, you will need to complete a police check.
Please note that if you haven't heard from us within one week, please accept that your application, at this time, has been unsuccessful.
*Being able to speak Dari/ Farsi the Persian language spoken in Afghanistan is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the ANTI-DISCRIMINATION ACT 1977 – SECTION 31
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time