Applicant Sign In
Check the progress of your application
Search for Jobs
Refine your search
Disability Support Worker - Caboolture
Job no: 492457
Work type: Casual / Vacation
Categories: Support Worker
Afford is a growing Disability Service Provider. We can offer regular shifts and great benefits located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
Afford is a well-established Employer of Choice within the disability sector. Celebrating our 70th year we continue to expand our services as we grow our national footprint covering a range of services and have over 2,000 employees that support over 3,200 clients.
We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence. Our Vision is to provide innovative and flexible high quality support that will genuinely enhance the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers.
About the opportunity
With this particular opportunity we are looking for a candidates that have experience with behaviors.
With our ongoing expansion we are looking for experienced community support workers / Lifestyle Assistants who want to be part of an innovative, passionate not for profit organisation whose primary focus is to support people with disabilities to lead exceptional, joy filled lives.
When you work for us you can expect to:
- Get regular work around a variety of shift times
- Work with people who have varying needs with a variety of disabilities
- Follow individual service and healthcare plans
- Use your administration skills to document client records daily
- Communicate effectively with your clients their carers and families
- Help your clients get the most out of their experience
- Work as part of a dedicated and fun team
About the candidate
We are looking for support workers who are as focused on supporting people with disabilities to lead exceptional, joy filled lives as much as we are! You will also need the following;
- Experience working with people with varying degrees of disability and behaviors
- A current First Aid Certificate and Working With Children Check (or willing to obtain one)
- Current driver’s licence
- Flexible and empathetic attitude
Afford is an employer of choice and our employees enjoy a range of benefits including;
- Ongoing professional development and paid training
- Flexibility and fantastic working environments
- Discounts on a range of products and services including Gym memberships
- Not for profit salary packaging
Afford is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
If successful, you will need to complete a national and international police check.
Please note that if you haven't heard from us within one week, please accept that your application, at this time, has been unsuccessful.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time