Applicant Sign In
Check the progress of your application
Search for Jobs
Refine your search
Speech Pathologist - Caboolture
Job no: 492455
Work type: Full time
Categories: Speech Therapist
About the company
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice within the disability sector, and we are celebrating our 70th year. We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence, person centered care focused on individual outcomes and are highly respected in the disability community.
About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth, we are expanding our Allied Health Teams and we require an experienced Speech Pathologist based in Caboolture. Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include, but not be limited to;
- Assess speech and communication needs of clients utilising the relevant assessments and intervention strategies.
- Identify and implement treatment options
- Collaborating with families to achieve client goals
- Create and carry out individualised treatment plans and train staff on the implementation of plans
- Review and update all plans when necessary
- Ensure standards of service are met by utilising an appropriate range of communication, interviewing and assessment of needs to identify the requirements of all individuals seeking services from Afford
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team to support clients to reach their full potential
- Contribute to equipment management, including research, evaluation, database, maintenance and ordering of assistive technologies.
Affords vision is to provide innovative, flexible and high quality support for people with disabilities. As an experienced Speech Pathologist you will have a genuine desire to support people with disabilities lead exceptional lives. You will also have;
- Current registration with SPA and Medicare Australia
- Knowledge of best practice in Speech Therapist customer service delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with colleagues, clients and key stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to work autonomously in a complex environment characterised by competing demands and tight timelines.
- Demonstrated written communication skills including the ability to produce accurate client files, develop referral documentation and communicate to other health professionals.
- A clean, unrestricted drivers ‘licence
- We will consider New Graduates
Why be part of AFFORD?
- Be part of the best Allied Health team in the disability sector
- Competitive salary including packaging options
- Company Car or Car Allowance Available
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training and professional development
- Numerous other benefits
AFFORD is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time